Morning sickness and violent nausea during pregnancy is normal. Morning sicknesses usually occur during the first trimester of pregnancy. Nausea and vomiting can also happen at any time during the day. It can be difficult to get through the day, but don’t despair; nausea usually only lasts for the first trimester. There are also ways to ease morning sicknesses and nausea.
What Causes Nausea and Morning Sicknesses During Pregnancy
Unfortunately, the exact cause hasn’t quite been established yet. Although the one possible cause could be the increase of estrogen and the rising levels of hormones that lead to nausea.
A Few Tips that Can Help Ease Morning Sickness
- As soon as you wake up, get some fresh air, open the windows, or step outside for a few minutes.
- Avoid spraying deodorants, as this can aggravate nausea.
- Avoid bad smells. Sometimes, even smells that never bothered you might just start bothering you during pregnancy.
- Avoid raw foods. Any raw foods can aggravate nausea. They also carry bacteria, which is not only bad for you, but also for the fetus.
- Take some time off from work if you really can’t manage getting through the day. You can use this time to take care of yourself and get plenty of rest.
- Stay hydrated. Have a glass of water after waking up and sip throughout the day.
- Eat smaller meals at a time. It might be difficult to get three huge meals down. So, try breaking up your meals and eat little at a time.
- Avoid oily and greasy foods. These only aggravate nausea and they are unhealthy.
- Avoid sugary and fizzy drinks. These are unhealthy and you can substitute these unhealthy drinks for healthy and delicious beverages.
Foods That You Should Include in Your Diet, That Can Help with Relieving Nausea
While different foods may or may not work for certain women; here are some foods that can relieve and alleviate nausea:
It might sound terrible, but in fact, it’s not so bad. Plus, it’s super healthy. It’s one of the best anti-nausea foods and there are many ways in which you can consume it. You can add it in when you’re cooking most dishes such as stir fry. You can also make smoothies with it, you can have ginger tea and you can even make a ginger soup. Go online and search for recipes that include ginger.
Another great anti-nausea food. There are also many ways to use it. You can cut a slice and add it in your water, you can cook with lemon juice and you can add it to any smoothie.
Crackers, Dry Pretzels or Dry Cereals
Dry foods are the best things to have when you’re suffering from morning sicknesses. Crackers, dry pretzels, and dry cereals are perfect for having for breakfast.
Frozen Fruit Popsicle
Not only are these extremely delicious, but they are also great for you and for alleviating nausea. Colder foods might actually work better for easing up morning sickness. These also keep you hydrated. After you have vomited, have one of these. It will also replace all the sugar that was lost, in a healthy way.
Carbs such as breads, pastas and potatoes are easily digested and they can also make great energy boosters.
Some Beverages That You Can Add to Your Diet
First on the list is water. You can also drink coconut water and coconut milk in moderation. It’s also a good idea to make smoothies, these are digestible and contain fruits and vegetables.
When You Should Consult Your Doctor
When you are suffering from extreme nausea and you are struggling to keep anything down, then it you should seek medical treatment immediately. Your doctor will examine you and also prescribe some medications that will help with alleviating nausea.